If you can believe it, [I barely can] we are at episode 60 of the Chasing Joy Podcast. What the what?! I guess time flies when you're podcasting! Every 10 episodes I reach out to you, my amazing audience for questions and I do a Q&A style episode. These shows are so fun because I get to hear what you're interested in.
Lately I've been recruiting people near and dear to me to help me record these because it's just more fun that way. My sister has hosted, Chris has hosted (twice) and now my mom is joining in on the fun! She totally killed it. We dive into a bunch of fun, food, body image, relationship, wedding and business questions.
If you missed asking your question, no fear because I'm always available to answer questions on the Joy Squad, the private Facebook group!
Questions I Answer (with my mom)
- If you were a bagel what flavor would you be and why?
- Also dogs or cats? And if you could adopt your dream fur baby what would they look like?
- Curious about matcha benefits vs coffee?
- What book are you currently reading and loving?
- Do you have any tips for restful sleep?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world tomorrow, where would it be?
- Favorite spot on Nantucket? In winter, spring, summer and fall?
- What is your favorite coffee brand?
- What are your top go-to favorite podcasts and/or blogs? Also what kind of music do you listen to?? Favorite artists/bands/Spotify playlists/etc
- Would love to know what your morning routine has been looking like lately
- How did you spend the summer after your senior year before college & any tips?
- How do you take yourself away from something emotional that you feel you aren’t in control of? [like the news]
- How do you deal with comparison?
- What do you do to take care of yourself when you're going through a tougher patch/transition in life?
- You’ve talked about dealing with depression in the past - what do you do each day now to live joyously?
- I would love to hear you talk about your manifestation practice and what you’ve learned about Law of Attraction?
Intuitive eating and movement
- What does intuitive movement look like for you at this stage in your life?
- What did you find most helpful to develop positive body image and self-love in recovery?
- What’s been your biggest tip from stepping away from food obsession and truly loving and eating intuitively?
- How to navigate intuitive eating with inflammatory conditions?
- The other day you talked about having a bad body image day and I would love to hear more about how you manage those
- What are a few things that helped you through your ED recovery? Also, did you read any recovery books during that time?
- Do you have a favorite way to wind down at night and just calm your mind and body?
- Do you have any tips for night eating?
- What are some of your go-to meal ideas?
- I'd love to know if you have any tips on how to support friends w/ certain diet restrictions (for autoimmune conditions, etc) while still staying in your own lane and not trying to "compete" with them in terms of health [use diving team analogy, guitar]
- I would love more insight on your relationship with alcohol/ how did you come to this mentality? Where are you at with alcohol (in tears of wellness w/o restriction)
- How do you turn social media connections into real life connections?
- How do you balance your romantic relationship and friendships? I personally find it hard to feel like I have a good balance of spending time with my boyfriend while also finding time for quality 1:1 time with my friends.
- How did you know your fiancé was the one? I feel like that’s such a big decision to make and I see all my friends around me do it and none of them have been able to tell me how they knew.
- How do you and Chris keep the magic alive and deal with differences?
- What are you favorite dates with Chris?
- When is your wedding? What has been the most fun part of planning? Have you been bombarded by others' opinions or judgments about your wedding decisions and if so, how did you deal with that?
- I am curious about your transition to being your own boss! Any tips on starting to freelance would be awesome.
- How were you able to go from a steady consistent job to working for yourself knowing you might make less money at first or it might not be as consistent?
- I’d love to know about your blogging dos and don’t, and podcasting!
- How has podcasting changed the way you blog?
- What was it like moving back to a small town after living in a bigger city? Were you nervous about finding work?
Resources I mention:
Connect with Me