Ep. 62 - The Power of Being Resourceful, Embracing Opportunity and Change & Creating Joy and Energy in an Intense Career with Christine Skari
This week I'm chatting with a friend, Christine Skari who I've been connected with for years through the food blogging community. I've loved watching Christine's path unfold as she has created an incredible wedding photography business.
I especially wanted to talk to Christine because I knew she would have some amazing insights into creative work and being resourceful as well as being open to your path changing. I love where this conversation went!
Christine is a self-made food blogger and wedding photographer who enjoys cuddling her two sweet kittens, drinking coffee like it's going out of style, and staying in pajamas for as long as possible.
We Talk About:
- How Christine discovered photography and taught herself in college
- What it was like to go into a career that had nothing to do with your degree
- Transitions - how she adapted from college to working for herself full-time
- Why talent doesn’t just happen overnight
- the importance of just starting and the power of momentum
- Being resourceful and teaching yourself new skills
- Fighting overwhelm in busy seasons of life
- Handling a busy schedule with joy
- What it’s like to be a young woman owning a business
- Fighting imposter syndrome
- The importance of attracting and repelling with your energy
- Owning your worth
- The balance of when to accept free work versus charging
- The power of photography to change your mindset
Connect with Christine:
Connect with Me:
Join the Joy Squad: